Please enter your e-mail.
The email is not in the format.
Please enter a password.
It should be more than 8 characters including both English and Numbers
Please enter the same password.
Please enter the correct 6 digit referral code.
Article 1. Purpose of Terms and Conditions
Article 2. Contents of website operation
1. Scope: Representative homepage, www.wesaveoceans.org
2. Operational Purpose: Provision of information for members, acquisition of information on the scope and activities of the organization, guidance on NAVY’s five Principles and membership registration
① Environmental Knowledge Dissemination Campaign: Providing and disseminating environmental contents through SNS
② Voluntary Grassroots Movement: Spread the voluntary practice of grassroots movement by sharing and guiding NAVY’s five Principles
Article 3. Glossary of Terms
1. NAVY (hereinafter referred to as ‘members’)
① NAVY refers to all members who have signed up for membership on the website operated by the organization
② Members can inquire and modify their information any time
2. Membership Withdrawal: It refers to the situation in which members decide to delete personal information by deleting account information from the website
3. Membership Evaluation: All members are registered as associate members at the time of initial registration, but if 3 months have passed from the time of sign-up and they have practiced the NAVY’s 5 Principles for 3 months by participating in grassroots movement in SNS, they can request for membership promotion from an associate to a regular member
4. Contents: All images, illustrations, videos, texts, audios, contained in the homepage
Article 4. Membership Qualifications
1. All individuals including Korean nationals and foreigners overseas can sign up for membership
2. Anyone can join as an associate member of NAVY and as specified in Article 3-3, after 3 months from the day of joining NAVY, they can apply for membership promotion to a regular member.
Article 5. Restrictions on Use
1. Membership may be restricted and disqualified if the information of other individuals is copied.
2. If more than one ID is registered for the same user, this user may be restricted
3. In the event of an act that interferes with the website service, the member or user’s IP address may be blocked.
Article 6. Rights and Obligations
A. It should operate the website in a way that users can sign up and modify their information easily, and ensure that users can always use it stably unless there is a force majeure such as a natural disaster or disease.
B. It should prevent the personal information of members from being leaked outside or to a 3rd party including hacking.
C. It should provide users with the most up-to-date information about its activities.
D. It should not distribute, deliver, or disclose information obtained from members to third parties without the prior consent of its members.
E. It should respond to users’ questions and requests in good faith
F. It should resolve complaints raised by users as soon as possible.
A. It can delete posts that do not fit the purpose of the website and posts that contain sensitive personal information immediately without the prior consent of the writer.
B. It has the right to request corrective action or take legal actions when its copyright is infringed.
C. It has the right to change or end terms, operating hours, and policies, and suspend some them at any time, if such need arises.
A. User should make sure that no one else know his/her ID and password. The organization is not responsible for any damage caused by any user’s careless exposure of personal information.
B. Users should not use contents of the website(www.wesaveoceans.org) arbitrarily.
A. User can request corrections or improvements while using the website.
B. You can apply for(or reject) the emails/ newsletters sent by the organization by changing the terms on the website.
Article 7. Copyright
1. All contents on the website are owned by the organization. In the case of using a content that the organization has received an approval to use it from a third party, it should indicate its source or copyright.
2. WeSaveOceans name, logo and emblem
① The names of WeSaveOceans refer to WSO and WeSaveOceans.
② Only WeSaveOceans has the right to use its logo and emblem. Unauthorized use without prior written permission from the organization will subject the misuser to legal punishment.
Article 8. Usage of Content
1. If you want to imitate, translate, or use any or all of the contents for purposes other than learning information personally or for educational purposes, you must obtain prior written permission from the organization.
2. The organization may make reference to certain companies or businesses, but it doesn’t mean that organization is endorsing or recommending their product or services. The organization is not responsible for any financial problems or consequences that may arise from the use of their products or services.
3. Homepage users cannot distribute nor edit the contents in the form of printing, CDs, or other digital media without obtaining prior consent from the organization.
① In the case of using the organization’s photos or logo, even in the case that the user has obtained prior consent from the organization, it should not be used in the way that it changes, edits or partially deletes the original photo or logo.
① Connecting with external websites: The organization’s homepage may link to websites not owned or managed b y the organization. This does not mean that all the contents within external websites are approved by the organization and only used for the convenience of the organization.
The organization does not take any responsibility in accuracy and credibility of the information, contents, opinions, and arguments contained in external websites.
② Connected by external websites
A. When using the organization’s logo to link the organization’s website, external websites should use texts or banners that have been provided and approved by the organization. When using the organization’s logo, external website should inform and request for collaboration first.
B. When using the organization’s logo or banner, external websites should not link them to another unrelated website.
C. Those who violate A or B may be requested to compensated for any damages caused.
Article 9. Effects of Access Terms and Changes
① Until otherwise mentioned, this Access Term will take into effect from the day it has been posted on the website.
① To make changes to this Access Term, the organization should notify its members of the changes at least one week in advance in the homepage and make its best efforts to announce and communicate the changes so that no harm or disadvantages are made to its members.
Article 10. Arbitration in Case of Disputes
1. In principle, a smooth agreement between both parties shall be reached, but in the event of a need for mediation of a legal dispute between the organization and a user, the court of jurisdiction of the organization shall be the Seoul Central District Court.
Article 11. Others
1. What is undefined in this Access Term shall follow relevant laws and customs.
WeSaveOceans (referred to as the ‘organization’ below) has established the following privacy information guideline to use, save, and solve any problems associated with personal information in accordance with Personal Information Protection Law Article 30.
Article 1. Purpose of Collecting · Using Personal Information
The organization uses personal information within the terms of usage as below:
① Member sign-up and monitoring: Signing up, verifying individuals, upgrading membership, relaying relevant information and updates
② Send newsletters: provide members with newsletter
③ Personal information collected online and offline are not provided and shared to any 3rd parties other than to use and collect personal information as outlined above in ①~ ③.
Article 2. Items Collected and Method of Collecting Personal Information
① The organization collects below personal information to monitor members and send newsletters
- mandatory items: name, email, password
② The organization collects the above information through homepage sign-up.
③ The organization collects personal information through the following channels:
- homepage sign-up page, editing of account information, and email address
Article 3. Duration for Keeping Personal Information
In principle, the organization discards personal information upon reaching the purpose of collection.
Article 4. Method of Discarding Personal Information
The organization follows the below method and process for discarding personal information.
i. The information user inputs to sign up and login is saved in a separate DB and according to
the purpose of the information the duration saved or referred to may vary. After the set
Period of time has been passed, information will be deleted.
ii. Personal information saved in a separate DB will not be used for other purposes deviating
from the purposes originally defined or required by law.
Personal information saved in an electronic format: data is discarded so that it is
unaccessible and discarded completely.
Article 5. Sharing and Providing of Personal Information
In principle, without the consent of the users the organization does not use or provide personal information beyond the boundaries set and informed to the users.
Article 6. The Rights of Members and the Execution of Rights
Through the organization’s homepage or email, members can review and edit their personal information as well as request to delete their accounts.
i. To delete: Enter website → Login → My Info → Delete Account
Article 7. Contact Information of Personal Information Manager
① The organization assigns the below manager to project personal information and solve any issues and inquiries related to privacy.
Personal Information Manager
Name : Johan Lee
Position : Director
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
② To consult further on privacy issues and personal information, users may consult with the below institutions:
i. Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA), (https://www.kisa.or.kr/eng/main.jsp)
ii. Supreme Prosecutors’ Office, Cybercrime Investigation Division, (http://www.spo.go.kr/eng/index.jsp)
iii. Korea National Police Agency Cyber Bureau, (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr/eng/index.do)
Article 8. General Terms on Securing Personal Information
① Technical/operational solution to the protection of personal information:
The organization intends to secure safety in treating users’ personal information so that they are not lost, copied, exposed, distorted or leaked in any matter both technically and operationally.
② Encrypting of passwords:
User’s IDs and passwords are stored and safely encrypted so that only the users themselves may know. The change and confirmation of passwords can only be made by the users themselves.
Article 9. Additional Rules
① This guideline for the collection and use of personal information will go into effect starting from July 1st, 2021.
Welcome to the WSO Membership!